assigning processing threads in 9.1.3
Logic Users Group
2010-11-11 03:23:53 UTC
Hello,

Judith Gruber-Stitzer has just posted in the Logic 9 forum of Logic Users Group under the title of assigning processing threads in 9.1.3.

This thread is located at http://www.logic-users-group.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4154

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
Hi,

My Activity Monitor shows 1 audio core carrying all of the load in my project. I have the processing threads assigned to 'automatic'. 16 cores are showing up in the AM metering.

Can anyone suggest the optimum way to assign the processing threads? I'm running LogicPro 9.1.3 on a Westmere MacPro 8 core / 24 gb ram. Logic is mostly just handling a few plugins and audio tracks. The heavy lifting is being done by Vienna Ensemble Pro Server hosting 4 instances of Stylus running in 64 bit. There also 2 other metaframes of Vienna Ensemble Pro server coming in from a 2nd MacPro via ethernet. One is 64b and one 32b.

Thanks!

Judith
***************

------------------------------------

The LUG has a new home on the web, to visit and sign up please go to:

http://www.logic-users-group.com/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional