Pod HD 500 vs Amp Designer
Logic Users Group
2010-12-06 20:26:52 UTC
Hello,

yavuz has just posted in the Logic 9 forum of Logic Users Group under the title of Pod HD 500 vs Amp Designer.

This thread is located at http://www.logic-users-group.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4280

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
I have been playing guitar over 30+ years now and I consider myself open to new things. I have bought the POD xt when it came out and I now have the GIO with Amp Designer to record.

A friend of mine lent me his PodHD 500 to program some tones for him since he is not very good with computers.
Since I already had Line 6 Monkey, It looked like an easy task for me.
I have downloaded Pod HD Edit and installed fine on my MB Pro.
I launched it and tried some tones.
As far as the clean tones go, I could only play the BlackFace 'Lux.
Distortion tones are fine, the pedal emulations are also nice but, man no clean tones except the lux.

I did a comparison with AmpDesigner of course and found out that the clean tones on the AmpDesigner are excellent, musical, playable.
I play jazz yes but I also use some driven, crunchy tones at times.

Even my older PodXT sounded better than the new HD.

I now wish that GIO had dedicated rotary knobs for bas-mid etc.. like the POD.

Even now, I am seriously considering taking my GIO to gigs.

The bad thing is I had already ordered the POD HD 300, but HD 500 sounds like not usable to me and I am sure HD 300 will be the same :(

Even my older Pod XT sounds better than the HD 500.

I wonder how they can advertise in those videos talking about how close was the HD to the real thing.

If Logic can do it in the Amp Designer, why can't Line6 do it.
They have years of experience with the modeling thing.
I am very very disappointed!!!
***************

------------------------------------

The LUG has a new home on the web, to visit and sign up please go to:

http://www.logic-users-group.com/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional