why doesn't Logic start recording where I tell it to?.
Logic Users Group
2010-12-06 07:53:02 UTC
Hello,

brianbotkiller has just posted in the Logic 9 forum of Logic Users Group under the title of why doesn't Logic start recording where I tell it to?.

This thread is located at http://www.logic-users-group.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4269

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
Ok, so this is something that drives me nuts about Logic.

I want to start recording at bar 8.5, let's say. I set my transport to half way thru bar 8.

Then, I want a count-in of 2 bars, and to only hear the metronome on count in. I make those settings, ok, all's fine.

Now, I record arm my track, hit record - and logic arbitraily jumps backwards two and a HALF bars back for count in. So, it goes back to bar 6, begins count in - which means that I have half a bar without the count in click I wanted, which is herky jerky and weird.

If I jump to bar 8 and start recording, it'll go back 2 bars, to bar 6, and count in. Ok, that's fine; but why is it randomly deciding to go back 2 1/2 bars in the other instances?

Perhaps I'm being stupid, and I apologize if so, but I have checked every possible setting and this has always been something that's bugged me in Logic.

Thanks.
***************

------------------------------------

The LUG has a new home on the web, to visit and sign up please go to:

http://www.logic-users-group.com/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional