Why is my MIDI clipping?
Logic Users Group
2010-11-06 15:07:09 UTC
Hello,

David51 has just posted in the Logic 9 forum of Logic Users Group under the title of Why is my MIDI clipping?.

This thread is located at http://www.logic-users-group.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4134

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
Hello all, I have finally got the Akai Breath Controller set up and now it clips and distorts very quickly when a note is blown louder-its' too much at the moment.
It is while using the EXS it clips on inferior acoustic sounding Bassoon, and in WIVI it REALLY clips a lot. I use an Edirol ua-25 so I just turn down the signal in, but then I have virtually no dynamic range left that would be audible. So the range is there, but not in the place I want it.
Any one feel they know what I am doing wrong?
Any knowledge out there about not clipping while getting more dynamic range?
I'm only going to post here; seems to be a crime on other forums if I do double posting.EDIT: I will post this on the wind controller forum.
This is all in MIDI. I am not trying to record until the solo instrument has a non clipping fairly wide dynamic range. Please help if you can, other no wise cracks please, and yes I have RTFM's.
***************

------------------------------------

The LUG has a new home on the web, to visit and sign up please go to:

http://www.logic-users-group.com/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional