How to feed Logic output into the Korg Monotron and back into Logic.
Logic Users Group
2010-11-30 21:48:14 UTC
Hello,

mr rock has just posted in the Logic 9 forum of Logic Users Group under the title of How to feed Logic output into the Korg Monotron and back into Logic.

This thread is located at http://www.logic-users-group.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4250

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
I have just purchased a Korg Monotron and am trying to send sound out from Logic into the Monotron, and then filter the audio in the Monotron and record this back into Logic, however I have a problem.

The audio I want to send out of Logic is routed to the only 2 outputs '1 & 2' on my Edirol UA-25 interface.

I take a mono output from one of these outputs on the rear of the interface and feed this into the Monotron aux-in socket. I then take a signal from the Monotron headphone socket and feed it back into Logic via the audio interface.

The issue is that when the sound is fed back into Logic I can't hear the subtle filtering effects because it is drowned out by the audio track I am sending out.

How can I mute the sound of the outputted audio so that I can only hear the subtleties of the filtering effect in Logic.

Can anyone explain a workaround for this.
I have tried to set up an aggregate device (can I record audio from my iMac instead?) and use the I/O plug in but with no success- any suggestions welcome!

Cheers,
Mr Rock
***************

------------------------------------

The LUG has a new home on the web, to visit and sign up please go to:

http://www.logic-users-group.com/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional