setting recording delay.
Logic Users Group
2010-11-20 19:46:42 UTC
Hello,

ryguy76 has just posted in the Logic 9 forum of Logic Users Group under the title of setting recording delay.

This thread is located at http://www.logic-users-group.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4215

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
hi,

i've been reading on how to set up the "recording delay" parameter in the audio prefs. I only have a 2 output interface so I had to improvise from the current method that I read about. I used the I/O utility and did a ping test, and ended up with a result that seems to line up audibly.

My thoughts now are, I guess I have to run the same test if I flip between buffer sizes. That was at 128 samples, as I am on a MBA and want to leave cpu for plugins. Should I need a less latency affected performance, I guess I'd have to rerun the test and adjust the delay each time....correct?

Next comes midi.... Does this have any bearing on how it records midi? My thoughts are that it isn't all that important anyway, as long as you can tolerate any potential latency during tracking, because its alway easy enough to quantize the performance anyway, no?

Lastly.... where is the freakin' phase reverse switch on the channel strips...I can't find it anywhere and now wonder if its even possible in logic.
***************

------------------------------------

The LUG has a new home on the web, to visit and sign up please go to:

http://www.logic-users-group.com/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional