Waveburner and small CD-R run
Kai Niggemann
2010-10-19 11:24:00 UTC

I just created a project in Waveburner and would like to make a small edition of CD-Rs with it -- it's a bit tedious having to restart and reconfirm the burn process twice for every CD.

I'm sure people have run into this obstacle before and found a better solution? I'd like to get my project into something like Toast to rapidly burn CD after CD, with auto-eject etc, without compromising the quality...

any ideas, hints etc, very welcome..!

thanks
Kai

------------------------------------

The LUG has a new home on the web, to visit and sign up please go to:

http://www.logic-users-group.com/

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
logic-users-digest-***@public.gmane.org
logic-users-fullfeatured-***@public.gmane.org

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Irfon-Kim Ahmad
2010-10-19 13:00:44 UTC
Post by Kai Niggemann
Hi,
I just created a project in Waveburner and would like to make a small edition of CD-Rs with it -- it's a bit tedious having to restart and reconfirm the burn process twice for every CD.
I'm sure people have run into this obstacle before and found a better solution? I'd like to get my project into something like Toast to rapidly burn CD after CD, with auto-eject etc, without compromising the quality...
any ideas, hints etc, very welcome..!
thanks
Kai
Once you've burned it once, you could duplicate the original disc just
using a "disc to disc copy" run in Toast. It may increase quality if
you burn at a lower speed (with media designed for that). You could
speed up the process slightly by making a disk image of the disc you've
created and burning that, thus speeding up read time.

(You can find an article about burn speed and media here:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov04/articles/qa1104-3.htm )

Other than the considerations of burn speed, etc., I don't see any
significant problems with doing a dupe of a created disk in terms of
quality.

------------------------------------

Kai Niggemann
2010-10-20 12:40:47 UTC
Post by Irfon-Kim Ahmad
Once you've burned it once, you could duplicate the original disc just
using a "disc to disc copy" run in Toast. It may increase quality if
you burn at a lower speed (with media designed for that). You could
speed up the process slightly by making a disk image of the disc you've
created and burning that, thus speeding up read time.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov04/articles/qa1104-3.htm )
Other than the considerations of burn speed, etc., I don't see any
significant problems with doing a dupe of a created disk in terms of
quality.
Cool, thank you very much for the info. I will use that approach.

Kai